From its modest beginnings in 1966 as an import company engaged in general merchandising, Sonia Trading has consolidated into a global trading business concern with a worldwide network that spans Japan, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Thailand, Malaysia, China, India, Korea, New Zealand, U.S.A, Poland, Canada and Europe.
Sonia Trading is wholly owned by the Buxani family with an integrated import and distribution based in the Philippines. After the early years in general merchandising, Sonia Trading’s imports found its niche in the sports lines. In 1972 the company was awarded the exclusive local distributorship of the tournament brand Mikasa balls from Japan. Sonia Trading has grown to become one of Philippines sports’ foremost suppliers of premier sporting goods and equipment.
As part of the plan envisioned by our most beloved founder to improve and expand our commitment to all our business partners and eventually the ultimate consumers of our products, Sonak Corporation has been formed to take over the Sonia Trading Operation. Sonak Corporation will continue to preserve a respectable reputation in quality sports by carrying other premier brands listed below:
• Mikasa Corporation, Japan • FBT Sporting Goods Co., Ltd., Thailand
• Molten Corporation, Japan • Satian Industries Co., Ltd., Thailand
• Tamasu Co., Ltd., Japan • Mueller Sports Medicine, U.S.A
• Gosen Co., Ltd., Japan • DJO, Inc. (Aircast), U.S.A
• Nippon Takkyu Co., Ltd., Japan • Mcksure (Shanghai) Co., Ltd., Shanghai, China
• Asics Corporation, Japan • Towatek Korea Co., Ltd, Korea
• Nelco (India) Pvt., Ltd., India • Eco-Med Pharmaceutical, Inc., Canada
• Texma, Poland • Action Products, USA
The Company has expanded the business into Natural & Organic food products sourced from The USA such as:
• Amy’s Kitchen
• Peanut Butter & Co.
• Simply Seven
The expansion into the healthy foods line continues with the introduction of more brands as well as the objective to inculcate into the Filipino people the awareness of healthy eating. The company has grown substantially over the last 10 years and has now divided its activities into different divisions:
- Sonak Sports for sports equipment and apparel
- Sonak Health for sports medicine,
- Sonak Foods for natural & organic foods
- Sonak Sports Specialist for all retail stores (Subsidiary Company For Retail Outlet)
The company continues to explore other products/lines to continue with the expansion.